Welcome to week four of our journey through intern preparation. Week One had a good dose of OB and Peds, Week Two had a focus on communication and both inpatient/outpatient medicine, Week Three was a bit of derm and psychiatry. And this week… we couldn’t focus on a single theme (hello, we’re generalists) so you get a little bit of everything.
- Curbsiders Adult Rashes
- AFP Process-Oriented Advanced Care planning
- TEACH: Pulmonary embolism
- LITFL EKGs: Pericarditis and COPD
- FOAM: Ectopic pregnancy algorithm
- CURBSIDERS on Chronic Pain
- AFP: Anxiety
- TEACH: Acute renal failure
- LITFL EKGs: Killer ECGs
- FOAM Tweetorial: Cellulitis?
- CURBSIDERS Asthma Adults
- AFP Knee pain
- TEACH: OB – nausea, vomiting
- AFP Photo Quiz!
- FOAM Tweetorial: Elevated BUN/Cr
- Urgent Care RAP: Cheaper meds
- AFP Postpartum care
- TEACH: Blood product transfusion and HIT
- LITFL EKGs: Sinus tachycardia and flutter
- FOAM Tweetorial: Feeling Anxious
- TweetLecture: Diabetes and Anti-Psychotic Use
- Innovating Education’s Abortion Safety in the US?
- NEJM: Where are All the Patients? (it’s a long read, but informative)
- How does Medication Abortion work?
- First10EM – Is COVID-19 Aerosols or Droplets? (also a long read, but important for understanding your risks and safety mitigation as you start intern year)
- AFP Journal – https://www.aafp.org/journals/afp.html
- AFP Podcast https://www.aafp.org/journals/afp/explore/podcast.html
- TEACH cards – https://www.fammed.wisc.edu/teachcards/
- Primary Care: RAP Podcast https://www.hippoed.com/pc/rap/episode
- Peds RAP: https://www.hippoed.com/peds/rap/
- Curbsiders https://thecurbsiders.com/
- Twitter Tweetorials – see specific links above
- AFP Photo Quiz – https://www.aafp.org/afp/viewRelatedDepartmentsByDepartment.htm?departmentId=5
- Life in the Fast Lane EKG library – https://litfl.com/