Most books are provided by your residency. Don’t buy anything YET!
I only have three selections, because while there are other books I used in residency, the first two were always in my pocket as an intern. The third I didn’t get until becoming an attending and I wish I’d had it in residency. – Pixie
- Tarascon’s Hospital Medicine Pocketbook (FYI our residency provided this for our interns the past two years!)
- The Sanford Antimicrobial Guide (2019 or 2020 edition)
- Netter’s Concise Orthopaedic Anatomy (for the DOs and those who want to be great at MSK in clinic)
- Bonus – everyone should have a folding clipboard. There’s never a surface available to write on that isn’t contaminated.
- Bonus 2 – As an intern I also loved OnlineMedEd’s intern guide book. The common meds section alone was worth having it nearby.