Every year in May, June and July this hashtag resurfaces to give new interns inspiration, advice and encouragement. There’s “popular” accounts whose Tips are 50% rubbish, and then there’s docs with “only” a few hundred followers who’s posts are a balm to the soul. We’re posting this early in April, because the tips may come up sooner this year.
Take a minute to read the tips, but with a grain of salt.
Who To Follow?
- @FMstudent – Obvious, I know.
- Us! @ParivashSanders (Pixie) and @fairyburger (Farrah)
- @ClinicalPearl She loves hedgehogs, OMM and Family Medicine. The just-now-designated DO Duchess of Twitter.
- @PettyHomoMD About to be a PGY3, shows the human side of residency
- @NatashaBhuyan – Writes for AAFP, works in primary care and inspires me.
- @AmyKaleka – Love FMOB and family planning? So does she!
- @familydocwonk (aka Jay W Lee) is passionate about comprehensive community health care.
- @InHouseMag – it’s not solely FM focused, but as the only online peer-reviewed publication especially for residents & fellows its worth following them and bookmarking the site.
- And don’t forget to follow the hastag #TipsForNewDocs
Check out our other Twitter-related posts on FMResident.
PS: You are NOT a “Baby Doc.” You’re an adult who got a bachelor’s degree in something, survived medical school and earned a doctorate, and then was CHOSEN by your program for one of their precious residency spots. You’re a newly minted physician, but a doctor all the same.
You’re gonna do great, interns. I’m so excited for you!